Did you know that 11 is the average number of form fields on a landing page? However, if you reduce this to only four, you could increase conversions by as much as 120%!
This is one of the many things to consider when you create a landing page.
With that in mind, let's dive into our top pieces of advice so that you can enjoy a boost in conversions!
1. Create a Catchy Headline
It's essential you craft a catchy headline. Period.
- Be concise
- Grab the visitor's attention, so they want to stay on the page
- Communicate something of value
This is the most crucial element on the page, so be sure to spend plenty of time on this.
Try split testing different headlines to see which works best. This does takes time, but it's the only way you'll find a winning formula.
2. Craft Compelling Copy
Your copy needs to communicate whatever you're offering, as concisely as possible.
Here are two practical tips to consider while drafting your copy:
- Focus on the benefits rather than the features, i.e., how does the product/service/giveaway positively impact the user's life?
- Craft your text, so readers feel like you're speaking directly to them. For example, you should always use words like; 'you,' 'you're,' 'you'll,' etc.
- Use compelling and vivid words. Attaining bushel of money is much more desirable and vivid than saying you're client will get a lot of money.
This kind of language helps your audience engage with your content and hence, boost conversions.
Most importantly, you need to ensure the copy on your landing page matches whatever you promised when your visitor made their initial click.
So, whatever method of marketing you used to get them to your landing page, i.e., a blog post, Facebook ad, YouTube video, etc.; there needs to be a seamless transition.
If you don't match your messaging, it'll confuse your audience which is not good for conversions.
3. Insert a Clear Call to Action
Your call to action (CTA) needs to be clear.
Top Tip: ensure the color of your CTA button is contrasting to the rest of the page, you want it to stand out.
Last but not least, customize your CTA copy, so it tells the audience exactly what they need to do. For example:
- Click here to get your free ebook
- Click here to access the free training
- Click here to claim your free gift.
You get the idea!
4. Use Professional Looking Imagery
All high converting landing pages boast professional looking images. Not only are they visually pleasing, but they're also useful for explaining what you're offering.
Alternatively, you might find that a video resonates better with your audience. You'll have to split test this to find out what works best for your industry.
Were These Tips on How to Create a Landing Page Interesting?
If you found this article on how to create a landing page handy, then check out our 'lead generation' blog. We discuss everything from how to use Google AdWords, to creating a B2B lead generation strategy. Enjoy!
Alternatively, for more information on the kind of stuff we get into, be sure to take a look at our case studies!