If you’re looking to better understand how to promote, sell and target your audience than what better way than to hear straight from them! Stop wondering and assuming what your market wants. By asking them questions through a survey or feedback tool, you’ll gain knowledge that will help your messaging and marketing strategies. Often finding that you can increase your conversion rates, create quality paid advertisements or improve customer satisfaction. Realize some of these reasons:
- It’s faster to deploy and automatically get responses.
- For your visitor participants, it’s an easy way to provide feedback.
- Gets to the point and can provide an accurate way to discover pain points or what you need to do to improve your product or sales cycle.
- Most, if not all, online survey tools provide analysis reports to be able to decipher what’s going on.
The types of feedback or issues you can discover
An SaaS business may wonder why there’s no or a low amount of trial users signing up. While an online retailer wants to understand why certain products aren’t selling. There are various reasons why a business needs to gather feedback from their customers. Often, needing to find out more than one area to solve a problem.
- Why are visitors abandoning signing up for a demo, trial or checkout?
- What features are most important for your visitors to become a customer?
- How is customer service and does this need to be improved?
- Were there any challenges or frustrations during a website visit?
- Understand why someone did buy from you so you can focus on promoting the highest motivators.
- Understand why an SaaS subscriber churned; quit using your platform?
What questions to ask in an online survey?
As mentioned above, there may be different kinds of survey question types you can conduct. You may decide to tackle a specific issue to get feedback on one month and the next conduct another survey to help address another piece of information you’re looking for.
Cart, Trial or Subscriber Sign Up
- What stopped you from completing your purchase today?
- What is stopping you from becoming a subscriber today?
- Did you have any issues or reasons you did not move forward with us?
Your Website Visitors
- Why are you here today?
- Were you able to complete your task today? Please explain why you were unable to?
- What questions do you have that you could not find answers to on our website?
To Help with Content Strategy
- Was this page meaningful to you? If not, what would you want to know more about?
- What is the most important question you need an answer to?
- Did you find the content you were searching for? If not, please explain what you were looking for?
- Was our content presented in the right format?
Solve Churned Customers
- What was the main reason you decided to leave us (or your business name)?
- What would be the best thing we could do to keep you as a customer?
- Do you have any feedback or concerns that you would like us to know about?
- Did you feel like you were not using our product as much? If so, what was the main reason for the lack of use?
- Do you feel like there was sufficient onboarding or training provided before you decided to discontinue your subscription?
Visitors Who Become Recent Converters
- What was the main reason you (purchased or signed up) with us?
- What are the top three things that convinced you to (use us or purchase from us)?
- What almost stopped you from completing your (purchase or account creation)?
A Few Tools You Can Use to Start Getting Survey Feedback
One of the well known survey platforms. SurveyMonkey is an online survey creator to design, publish and analyze surveys. Gather customer feedback, 360-degree employee feedback, market research data and other valuable insights. You can create a successful survey campaign tailored to suit your desired audience without writing a single piece of code. SurveyMonkey's key features:
- Easy-to-use visual editor to create quizzes, polls & surveys in minutes for any channel.
- Make surveys & quizzes interactive for visitors with progress bars, question randomization, scoring mechanism and more.
- Offers pre-built templates & design customization options.
Mopinion's cloud-based analytics platform gives you a fresh perspective on the impact of your digital channels. The platform provides quantitative data with behavioral data to give you actionable insights into the motivation behind customer behavior, and help you develop a deeper understanding of their needs.
- Drag & drop interface
- Surveys fully responsive to adapt seamlessly to any device
- Surveys can be logic based
- Can integrate with VWO, Optimizely, Slack, Salesforce and many more
Another tool that has helped with surveys for awhile. Originally founded by KissMetrics, Qualaroo provides multi-channel survey deployment to hear the voice of your customers across every touchpoint – on desktop computers, mobile phones, tablets, or handheld devices. It lets you collect in-context feedback insights to provide the best possible user experience, generate leads, and design products that sell.
- Provides advanced targeting
- AI analytics & reporting
- Great integration list like Salesforce, Hubspot, Slack and more
Reasons why you should consult with an industry professional to help you conduct surveys?
As a Saas marketing agency, we help software-as-a-service companies with feedback surveys to tailor to multiple strategies and find leaks in areas they haven’t peered into. In return, further increasing their conversion optimization. While any business can conduct their own survey, and we encourage it, we also know that there’s more to it than just asking a few questions and getting answers. By consulting with an expert who performs this on a regular basis:
- How to properly conduct and implement a survey.
- Think about the right questions to ask that will provide useful information.
- Even while using a tool taking the time to decipher the reports. Especially if it’s open answered questions.
- Taking those answers and coming up with an action plan strategy.
- Discovering issues from answers and providing further research. Example, finding out there’s an issue with your form and reviewing user recordings to visually see what’s happening.